Chimera Song Mosaic
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
 
Halloween

Tonight I was a lonely ninja. Only twenty trick-or-treaters came to the door. They were so appreciative of my ninja outfit (I could hear squeals behind the door: "A ninja!"), and I was so appreciative of their appreciation that I pushed gobs of candy at them. Plus they were my only opportunity to unload my candy. They all came at the same time, one wave after another, and one little boy was clearly a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, but he may have been attempting to reuse the costume since the ninja part had been stripped, and there was mostly a turtle left behind. Still, I shouted, "I'm a ninja, too!" But we didn't have much chance to commune at that moment. I prowled around the cul-de-sac, feeling near-invisible in the dark. I had so much fun striking ninja poses that I think I'll wear my costume tomorrow, too. But I can imagine that this could get totally out of context, if it's not already. Yesterday I baked Valentine's Day cookies (Sweetheart Jamwiches), so I think that whenever I feel like it I'll just cram the holidays together.


Powered by Blogger