Chimera Song Mosaic
Sunday, January 18, 2004
 
Lars is such a pushy dog. He thinks it's okay to scratch at my butt while I'm typing.

Why am I never listed as a FRESH BLOG--even when I know I just published it a microt ago?

I watched a movie yesterday called Citizen Ruth, starring Laura Dern as a goofy and theatrical mother of 4, who is addicted to inhalant and who is the subject of a tug-of-war between opposite factions of the abortion war (I think I just recreated the Dish Network teaser). It reminded me and Lance of Best in Show--it was great! I love TiVo.

I had a dream last night that Lucy left Lars for another dog--a long-legged, scrappy mutt. Poor Lars. This dog was, as they say, "intact," no neuticals or replesticals in sight.

[Cinematography]

These eyes are not like our eyes wanting to accept
that which fits our perspectives & prejudices.
These eyes, too, offer judgments & correlatives
but the kind that we cannot turn from but to turn
off the set. Walk off the set & witness a world far
more real but the less focused that doesn't offer
the choices arranged in such a way that only one
answer is correct--the hero is always benevolent.
Accept that sometimes the world allows us not
to think, not to make choices, but sometimes
a movie--a good movie--forces us to think--
we can't escape it--the power of the plot & symbols
& characters--the power of beauty is to make you like
it--or hate it--depending on the angle of the camera--
depending on the focus--how closely we are forced
to see the contents of a square--of a close up--very close--
& it is this separate attention that makes us get it
or miss the point or disagree or discover the human heart
or the mystery of the great apes--the screen is centered
on an eyebrow--we can see--the hair that bristles there.


Powered by Blogger