Chimera Song Mosaic
Saturday, August 09, 2003
 
*Update* on To Write About List (Online)/ To Do List:

(review of)Ward’s novel [done]
(review of) Richard’s book [done, review post pending]]
creative collaborations [uhh . . . could you be more specific?]
poetic intervention, staged [I’m getting real fed up here . . .]

Writing offline:

poems [smattering]
revise American Filmmaking series [manana]
write/revise/ready for workshop essay: Wishbone [done—novella?]

Offline Life List:

Call: Jenny [will do], Colleen [done], Catherine, Caeli [ladies, call me!]
Art Museum for community writing lab on Thursday [happened, and now they are calling me for more volunteer work]
Clean desk, glean poems from surfaces [in vitro]
*Catherine’s postcard poem series
*Student workshop collection
*Redneck Heaven mix tape [done, needs editing]

To read for rest of summer on vacation (not in this order):

Mother Nature: A History of Mothers, Infants, and Natural Selection
The Trouble with Testosterone
Frankenstein
Beasts
(Oates)
The Body Artist
Anna Karenina
¡Que vivan los tamales! Food and the Making of Mexican Identity
One Hundred Years of Solitude
[90 pages to go!]

[No progress on the first 7 texts. Okay, I haven’t exactly been rushing this reading this, but I did read the recent issue of Fence *almost* cover to cover and also Boston Review. I have to read Frankenstein before the semester starts if I want to include it in my super cool British Lit class.]

This just in: The Juan Carlos melon is actually called the Juan CANARY melon. My apologies for any confusion. The Quiet American is pretty good. Brendan Fraser’s actual nationality is a bit distracting. I also just saw lots of typos in previous postings. Give me the strength not to correct them obsessively.

Send much LUSH as soon as possible; supplies are getting low.


Powered by Blogger