Chimera Song Mosaic
Tuesday, August 12, 2003
 
I just had some ants-on-a-log, which is easy to confuse with that French Postmodern term that sounds like MaisONaBEEM, but as you can clearly see, I’ve forgotten how to spell it or what it means. That’s how prepared I was for graduate school. Anyway, you can just stick the celery in the peanut butter like it’s a chocolate bar and then pop some raisins in your mouth, but I believe the artistic presentation to be important: 4 celery “logs” smeared in peanut butter, garnished with raisins (“ants”). I use golden raisins.

Yesterday was a full moon, but more importantly, it was Caeli’s birthday. I caught her via cell phone in an elevator (or so she says) with her boyfriend (or so she says). She expressed regret that we had not been able to talk much lately; I can tell when she’s up to something. But she is beautiful and as witty as Wilde, and the funniest thing is that I didn’t even know it was her birthday, so we were both caught.

I wish I could write more, but I am in a voyeuristic mode, which is not such a bad thing since I have so much blog reading to catch up on: NILS Michals: Hey-hey-hey. (On August 10, Catherine is caustic and brilliant! I could listen forever. On the 12th, it’s a good thing she’s not the jealous type. Who are those twerps?)

Plus I am fully disgusted with myself because I didn’t write as much as I wanted to this summer, and now I only have a week left before I have to start work again, and I am in the process of viciously paring down my manuscript. Does anyone know of any good chapbook contests? I am serious about this. I know it must be in bad taste to berate oneself online (or in full view, as it were), but I simply cannot present a healthy front of good cheer or virulent cynicism right now. It goes: if you don’t have anything nice to write, don’t write at all.


Powered by Blogger